Education Guide

Advertisement Feature

Explore your love for music with this essential guide to educational courses throughout the UK - whether you're looking to launch a new career or just want to indulge your passion.

Click the points on the map to find an institution near you.

To advertise please contact Georgia Riley: 0117 314 8754.

Advanced search

Use these filters to narrow down your selection.

Javascript is required to view this map.

Benslow Music Trust

Benslow Music: Residential and day music courses, concerts and talks at its beautiful purpose-built campus in Hitchin, Herts.
Benslow Music, conveniently situated in the market town of Hitchin, thirty miles north of London, offers a wide range of some 160 short residential music courses for non-professional musicians of all ages and abilities, from beginners to near-professional level, throughout the year both during the week and at weekends. Its hand-picked tutors include some of the most famous names in the music business, while its hospitality and musical facilities are second to none and its gardens are outstandingly beautiful. For those within easy travelling distance, there are also frequent world-class concerts, mainly but not exclusively of chamber music.


Benslow Music, Hitchin, Hertfordshire SG4 9RB

Tel: +44 (0)1462 459446

UCAS Media

Compose your future

Compose your future is for people who want to study a performing arts related course at college or university.

The event takes places in Manchester and London and is an exhibition of over 60 exhibitors with live performances by current students, interactive and knowledge building workshops, practical demonstrations and special guests.

Come and find out what courses are available and what to expect on a performing arts degree at this buzzing and interactive exhibition. Free to attend!

Visit the website for a full list of exhibitors, workshops and further information.

Tel: 01242 544645

The Juilliard School

The Juilliard School established this country's standard for education in the performing arts, beginning in 1905. Its alumni are among the most famous recitalists; orchestral, operatic, historical, and jazz musicians; dancers and choreographers; actors and playwrights; and administrators and teachers. The mission of The Juilliard School is to provide the highest caliber of artistic education for gifted musicians, dancers, and actors from around the world, so that they may achieve their fullest potential as artists, leaders, and global citizens. Currently, more than 800 young artists from 43 states (plus Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico) and 40 foreign countries attend Juilliard.

Rose Bruford College

BA (Hons) Opera Studies – Online Learning
This is the only online worldwide undergraduate programme, which focuses on all aspects of opera: composers, historic periods, libretto, singer, orchestra and conductor and director. It includes a practical module with classes in acting and vocal training in association with Associated Studios, London.

Online Learning is an ideal and flexible way of studying while working/bringing up a family as you are in charge of your study time. With the wealth of free online study material we provide, you can study when and where is best for you.

Entry points on the course are September 2014 or January 2015.

Tel: +44 (0) 208 308 2600

City Lit

From Handel to harmonica playing, Stravinsky to film scores, City Lit offers a wide range of part-time, evening and weekend music courses. Learn to play an instrument or develop your skills, find your voice or improve your singing. Or delve deeper into music with our appreciation courses that include classical, jazz, pop and more.

Browse and book on our courses online or talk to us about which course or level would suit you.

Come to our free advice sessions or contact us below.

Tel: 020 7492 2630

School of Music and Fine Art at University of Kent

We offer students a range of innovative degrees in Music and Audio Arts, Fine Art and Creative Events. With a recognised excellence in teaching as well as a global reputation in research, the University of Kent is highly ranked by the Guardian University Guide 2014 as a UK Top 20 University. The School of Music and Fine Art’s multi-million pound Medway development is located within the award-winning Historic Dockyard Chatham, providing cutting edge state of the art facilities. Study one of our undergraduate, taught or research-based postgraduate music degree programmes: · BMus Music · BSc Music Technology · BMus Popular Music · MA Music Composition · MA Music Technology · MA Sound and Image

Tel: +44 (0)1634 888 980

Dartington International Summer School 2014

A 3 week combined music festival and summer school directed by Nicholas Daniel, internationally acclaimed conductor and oboist, Dartington provides an opportunity for talented amateurs of all ages and abilities to mingle with professional musicians and composer at weekly master classes and workshops. With over fifty major courses spanning the whole of the western musical repertoire as well as music from other cultures from Viol Consorts and Early Brass, to Gospel Choir and Improvisation, this event offers great diversity.

Tutors for the 2014 summer school include Emma Kirkby, Paul McCreesh and the Gabrieli Consort, Richard Sisson and Richard Stilgoe, Andrew Watts, Maggie Cole, Fretwork, The City Musick, Sian Edwards, Lisa Beznosiuk, Louise Hopkins, Philip Dukes, Colin Matthews, Thomas Robertello, Chen Halevi, Christian Blackshaw and many more.


Dartington International Summer School, SpaceDartington Hall, Totnes, Devon  TQ9 6EN  

Tel: +44 (0)1803 847 080

Branimir Slokar Academy Master Classes 2014

Master Classes within the BRANIMIR SLOKAR ACADEMY (BSA) offer active participant a perfect insight into music literature with the guidance of excellent musicians. This summer BSA will welcome 168 participants to 15 MASTER CLASSES to join their power and will with 110 members of the Orchestra Academy, 15 professors and 11 pianists – accompanists.

Apply now and work with internationally acclaimed musicians: Reinhold Friedrich, Klaus Arp, Emanuel Abbühl, François Benda, Gregory Ahss, Raymond Curfs, Latica Honda-Rosenberg, Gilad Karni, Martin Ostertag, Božo Paradžik, Felix Renggli, Carlo Colombo, Christian Lampert, Dany Bonvin and Eriko Takezawa. Join us from 13th July to 4th August in LJUBLJANA, the most beautiful city in the world!

Tel: 00386 (0)599 51 504