Concerti for Christmas | The Musical and Amicable Society
The ‘Concerti for Christmas’ concerts given by the ‘Amicables’ have become a new Cambridge tradition. This vibrant young chamber orchestra, performing on period instruments without a conductor, is a democratic ensemble of soloists, who thrill audiences with their superb musicianship and risk-taking energy.
To celebrate the tenth anniversary of our favourite baroque chamber orchestra’s annual visits to Cambridge, we return to their programme of 2003, revisiting Vivaldi’s I Quattro Stagioni in an innovative performance with each of the four violinists taking a solo ‘season’.
- Le Quattro Stagioni, 'The Four Seasons'
- Antonio Vivaldi (1678-1741)
- Concerto for Viola and Strings in G
- Georg Philipp Telemann (1681-1767)
- Concerto for 2 Violins and Strings in D minor
- Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
- Concerto No 3 in G
- Richard Mudge (1718-1763)