IMS Prussia Cove, Maestri Concert, Truro
Sándor Végh, the great Hungarian violinist, founded the IMS in 1972, believing the remote location on the Atlantic coast of Cornwall to be charged with energy which could inspire and reinvigorate musicians – a unique atmosphere far removed from the stresses and strains of a musician’s busy travelling life. Over the years IMS has become a renowned centre of musical idealism. Steven Isserlis became musical director in 1996 and IMS has continued to flourish and grow.
The Master Classes bring together world famous musicians, who come to teach outstanding young musicians on the brink of their professional careers in the unique and inspiring environment that IMS Prussia Cove provides.
This year IMS celebrates 40 years of Master Classes and we are thrilled to welcome back regular professors, including Steven Isserlis, András Schiff and Ralph Kirschbaum, but also to welcome Professor Lars Anders Tomter and composer and pianist Thomas Ades..
- Märchenbilder for Viola and Piano
- Robert Schumann (1810-1856)
- Partita for Violin and Piano
- Witold Lutoslawski (1913-1994)
- Sonata for Cello and Piano in D minor
- Dmitry Shostakovich (1906-1975)
- 3 Mazurkas
- Thomas Adès (1971-)
- Quartet for Piano and Strings in G minor
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)