Oxford Proms - An Evening with Michael Collins
Michael Collins, one of today’s most sought after soloists and BBC Proms favourite, plays and introduces music for clarinet and piano, with pianist Michael McHale in the intimate surroundings of Oxford's Sheldonian Theatre designed by Sir Christopher Wren in 1644.
The eclectic programme includes the inspired melodies of Brahms in the Sonata No 2 in E Flat Op 120, Weber’s classic clarinet masterpiece Grand Duo Concertante Op 48 and music by Gershwin, Pierne, Messager, finishing with the dazzling instrumental showpiece, Bizet’s Carmen Fantasy. Collins has a great talent for connecting with his audience - an evening not to be missed.
Michael Collins returns on Saturday 10th August to play the Mozart Clarinet Concerto at Oxford Proms.
- Sonata for Clarinet and Piano in E flat
- Johannes Brahms (1833-1897)
- Grand Duo Concertant in E flat
- Carl Maria von Weber (1786-1826)
- Gabriel Pierné (1863-1937)
- Solo de Concours for clarinet and piano
- André Messager (1853-1929)
- 3 Preludes
- George Gershwin (1898-1937)
- Carmen Fantasy for Clarinet and Piano
- Georges Bizet (1838-1875)