Scottish Chamber Orchestra - Beethoven Seven
Dreams, dance, myths and fantasies pervade this concert, which culminates in Beethoven’s exhilarating powerhouse of a symphony, the Seventh. It is the perfect foil to Schumann’s lyrical concerto, interpreted here by one of the world’s leading pianists: Nelson Goerner is acclaimed as much for his emotional breadth as for the staggering facility and technique that free him to create such brilliant pianism.
- Overture to 'The Fair Melusine'
- Felix Mendelssohn (1809-1847)
- Concerto for Piano and Orchestra in A minor
- Robert Schumann (1810-1856)
- Symphony No 7 in A
- Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)