Bromley Symphony Orchestra - Shostakovich, Khachaturian and Tchaikovsky
The final concert of our season opens with the brilliant Festive Overture, a vivacious musical firework. Khachaturian's concerto is a magnificent whirlwind of powerful emotions and unbridled energy. The Pathétique is a complex mixture of emotions – sorrow, hope, and happiness tinged with a foreboding of despair – a mixture that has ensured its enduring popular appeal.
- Festive Overture in A
- Dmitry Shostakovich (1906-1975)
- Concerto for Violin and Orchestra in D minor
- Aram Khachaturian (1903-1978)
- Symphony No 6 in B minor, 'Pathétique'
- Pyotr Tchaikovsky (1840-1893)