Scottish Chamber Orchestra - Mozart's Jupiter
Egarr’s musical homeland is Bach and Handel – the very composers who so deeply inspired Mozart in his later years. The magnificent power of the ‘Jupiter’ owes so much to them and the magic of Egarr’s interpretation lies in his ability to bring all his understanding of their work to Mozart’s masterpiece. Schubert’s teenage symphony is a delight of a very different colour. It’s a staggering testament to his brilliance at such an early age.
Pre-concert talk: 6.30pm (free to ticket holders) SCO brass players provide insight into performing with natural horns and trumpets.
- Symphony No 2 in B flat
- Franz Schubert (1797-1828)
- Concerto for Keyboard and Orchestra in D
- (Franz) Joseph Haydn (1732-1809)
- Symphony No 41 in C, 'Jupiter'
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)