BBC Music Magazine is hiring!
Could you be BBC Music Magazine's digital editor and staff writer?
BBC Music Magazine, the world’s best-selling classical music title, is looking for an accomplished and ambitious full-time digital editor/staff writer to join its talented team in Bristol. The successful candidate’s responsibilities will be split between the monthly magazine, its website and its digital edition, and will be many and varied, including:
- Running and editing of, plus writing content for, classical-music.com, the official website of BBC Music Magazine.
- Daily (and often hourly) updating of the magazine’s social media presence.
- Stewardship of the tablet versions of the magazine, working closely with, and reporting to, the editor.
- Compiling the broadcast listings pages of the printed magazine, including commissioning of columns.
- Writing content for the magazine whenever needed, including interviews, news stories, features and other pieces.
- An active engagement in editorial decisions and ideas and a willingness to attend concerts/travel during evenings and, if necessary, at weekends.
Applicants will be expected to possess a solid knowledge of classical music and, if invited to interview, will be asked to demonstrate this, as well as writing and proofing skills. They will also need to show an awareness of recent internet and digital publishing developments. Experience in magazine publishing (whether online or in print) is not essential, but excellent grammar, a fluid writing style and a passion for classical music are all crucial.
Applicants should send their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 3rd January 2014.
- Article Type: | News |