Scottish Chamber Orchestra: Serenade
On the eve of its departure for a major tour of Germany, the SCO is joined by the prodigious Lars Vogt, very much in his home territory with Beethoven’s concerto. Berlioz and Brahms are as different in their music and personalities as it is possible to be, but they shared a complicated admiration for Beethoven. Brahms’ youthful serenade makes a delightful complement to Berlioz’s impassioned outpouring.
- Love Scene from Romeo and Juliet
- Hector Berlioz (1803-1869)
- Concerto for Piano and Orchestra No 1 in C
- Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)
- Serenade No 1 in D
- Johannes Brahms (1833-1897)